In accordance with the strategies taken by the university against COVID-19, the library is scheduled to resume its on-site services on March 31, 2020 in an orderly manner as follows:
1. Opening hours
Monday to Friday: 8:30-16:00
2. Opening areas
1) 1st Floor: Magazine / Newspaper area; Quiet Learning Zone
2) 2nd Floor: Reading area
3) 3rd Floor: Reading area
Please pay attention that the following areas will be temporarily closed:
1) Group Study Rooms
2) Special Collection Room
3) Electronic Reading Area
3. Entry Control
The entrance and exit registration are required. Only SUSTech faculty, staff and students can enter with their campus cards. The number of people in the library can not exceed 200 during the same time period. When the number reaches the maxim, a one-in-one-out approach will be implemented.
1)The Service Center will provide consultation and campus card authentication services. In order to satisfy social distancing, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you need campus card authentication.
2)Services such as Document Delivery, Recommending a Purchase, Scholarly Output Reporting, and Information Literacy Education Programs can still be accessed online. For specific operation please refer to the official library website under the service guide.
5. Kind Reminder
1) Please wear a mask when entering the library, and masks are not available in the library.
2) Please keep safe social distance from others: the “One Table One Person” rule.
3) Please put the books on the nearest cart after reading, DO NOT put the books back to where you picked up, the DISINFECTION will be done later by the library staff.
4) There is a Book Disinfector on the first floor in library. We suggest to disinfect all the books you borrow before leaving the library.
5) The loaned books have been already extended to May 31, 2020.
6. On-site service will be readily adjusted according to the changes of demands both by library users and the fight against COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact: 0755-88010800 (Monday to Friday 8:30-17:30).
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. As always, the library is ready to serve you at any time.