Service Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, Some of the services are only provided at the Service Desk.
Patrons can use authenticated University ID card to borrow and return books at the self-service machines in the library (CD/VCD/AV can be borrowed at the Service Desk).
|Types of Patrons||General Book||CD /VCD / AV||Course Reserves|
|Maximum||Loan Period||Maximum Loan Days||Maximum||Loan Period||Maximum||Loan Period|
|Faculty||30 Items||60 Days||90 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours|
|20 Items||30 Days||60 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours|
|Other Patrons||20 Items||30 Days||60 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours|
A patron can renew a borrowed item before it is due, and by doing so you can keep the item for an additional loan period. However, if the loan period reaches its maximum, or if the borrowed item is on call, you cannot have the item renewed. CD/VCD/audio-video materials and course reserves are not for renewal.
You can request an item if it is out on loan. A message will be sent to you when the item comes back to the library and is ready for you to pick up at the Service Desk by presenting the email and University ID card. The library will keep the item at the Service Desk for a maximum of three days.
Fines for Overdue Items
When a book is overdue, the overdue fines will be charged (at a rate of RMB 0.2 Yuan per item per day), but the patron's borrowing privilege will not be suspended. It will be suspended only when the overdue fines accrue to 10 Yuan, and privilege will be resumed only when overdue items are returned and the payment of fines is made.
|Type of Resources||General Book||CD/VCD/Audio-video||Course Reserves|
|Overdue Fine Rate||0.2 RMB/item/day||10 RMB/item/day||0.2 RMB/item/hour|
Reference Works and Journals
In general, reference works and journals, including bound ones, are not available for loan. If a patron needs to borrow such an item for a particular and acceptable reason, he/she can have it on loan only for 24 hours. Fines for an overdue item of this kind is 10 Yuan per day per item. Borrowing of such an item can only be processed at the Service Desk.
Items Damaged or Lost
- If an item is found seriously damaged, such as marks on pages or pages missing , your library privileges will be revoked unless the damage or loss is recovered one way or another, e.g. a new item is bought and given back to the library.
- One should report to the Service Desk of the library if loss of a borrowed item occurs. If it eventually cannot be found, it is the patron’s responsibility to pay for the loss in the following ways:
- Buy a new copy of the item itself as a replacement;
- When a new copy cannot be bought, you have to pay the library for the loss. The rate is three times of the list price of the lost item.
- A damaged or lost CD/VCD is treated the same as a damage or lost book itself.
- A damaged or lost of one volume of a serial is treated the same as damaging or losing the whole serial.
- One should report to the Service Desk as soon as possible if loss of a borrowed item occurs, as the report date will be considered returned date if overdue fee occurs.
- A damaged or lost item can only be processed at the Service Desk, 8:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.