Service Hours: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, Some of the services are only provided at the Service Desk of Yidan Library or Lynn Library.
Patrons can use authenticated University ID card to borrow and return books at the self-service machines in the library (CD/VCD/AV can be borrowed at the Service Desk).
|Types of Patrons||General Book||CD /VCD / AV||Course Reserves||JDRead|
|Maximum||Loan Period||Maximum Loan Days||Maximum||Loan Period||Maximum||Loan Period||Maximum||Loan Period|
|Faculty||30 Items||60 Days||90 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours||1 Item||15 Days|
|20 Items||30 Days||60 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours||1 Item||15 Days|
|Other Patrons||20 Items||30 Days||60 Days||5 Items||15 Days||5 Items||4 Hours||1 Item||15 Days|
A patron can renew a borrowed item before it is due, and by doing so you can keep the item for an additional loan period. However, if the loan period reaches its maximum, or if the borrowed item is on call, you cannot have the item renewed. CD/VCD/audio-video materials, course reserves and JD Read are not for renewal.
You can request an item if it is out on loan. A message will be sent to you when the item comes back to the library and is ready for you to pick up at the Service Desk or 24-Hour Self-service Pick-up book cabinet by presenting the email. The library will keep the item at the Service Desk for a maximum of three days. CD/VCD/audio-video materials, course reserves and JD Read cannot be requested.
Fines for Overdue Items
When a book is overdue, the overdue fines will be charged (at a rate of RMB 0.2 Yuan per item per day), but the patron's borrowing privilege will not be suspended. It will be suspended only when the overdue fines accrue to 10 Yuan, and privilege will be resumed only when overdue items are returned and the payment of fines is made.
|Type of Resources||General Book||CD/VCD/Audio-video||Course Reserves||JDRead|
|Overdue Fine Rate||0.2 RMB/item/day||10 RMB/item/day||0.2 RMB/item/hour||1 RMB/item/day|
Reference Works and Journals
In general, reference works and journals, including bound ones, are not available for loan. If a patron needs to borrow such an item for a particular and acceptable reason, he/she can have it on loan only for 24 hours. Fines for an overdue item of this kind is 10 Yuan per day per item. Borrowing of such an item can only be processed at the Service Desk of Yidan Library or Lynn Library.
Items Damaged or Lost
- 1. If an item is found seriously damaged, such as marks on pages or pages missing , your library privileges will be revoked unless the damage or loss is recovered one way or another, e.g. a new item is bought and given back to the library.
- 2. One should report to the Service Desk if loss of a borrowed item occurs. If it cannot be found, it is the patron’s responsibility to pay for the loss in the following ways:
- Buy a new copy(the title, author and publishing house of the new copy need to be the same as the lost item) of the item as a replacement.
- When a new copy cannot be bought, you have to pay for the loss. The rate is three times the price of the lost item.
- 3. A damaged or lost volume of a serial is treated the same as damaging or losing the whole serial.
- 4. A damaged or lost CD/VCD is treated the same as a damage or lost book itself.
- 5. A damaged or lost audio-video material is treated the same as a damage or lost book itself.
- 6. One should report to the Service Desk as soon as possible if loss of a borrowed JD Read occurs. If the item cannot be found, one should buy a new item of the same model or pay twice the price of the lost item. If the item is damaged, one would be fined depending on the damaged condition.
- 7. If loss of books, CD/VCD, course reserves, or JD Read occurs, one should report to the Service Desk immediately, as the report date will be considered returned date if overdue fee occurs.