- How can I find the books I want?
Go to the library homepage, find the search box “Books and Journals” of the library catalogue system, search the item by title, person of responsibility/author or subject, etc. Simply select the item(s) you want from the result lists, write down the item’s call number, then go find it according to its detailed information such as call number and location. For more information, please refer to User Manual from Download in the lower part of the library homepage.
- Where are the books, newspapers and periodicals located in the library?
Please visit Service Hours for details.
- A book with status of “available” in the library catalogue system can not be found in the stacks. Why?
The reasons may include: (1) It is a new book and is not available for shelving yet. (2) The books on the shelf are not arranged in correct order, so the book is not in its right place; (3) The book is being used by other patrons inside the library at the moment.
- How do I borrow and return books by Self-Check machine?
To borrow books, access Self-Check machine-- “Check out” -- put U-Card above the induction area below the screen -- place items (we suggest no more than 5 books at a time ) in a scattered manner on the scanning area -- “Confirm”.
To return books, access Self-Check machine -- “Check in” -- Place items (we suggest no more than 5 books at a time ) in a scattered manner on the scanning area -- make sure the information of the checked-in items is correct -- put the items into the book-return box.（For more information, please refer to User Manual from Download in the lower part of the library homepage.）
- How to use the 24-Hours Book Returning Machine?
The 24-Hours Book Returning Machine is located in the corridor on the 2nd floor of Lynn Library. To use, click “Return books”, put items inside when the slot opens. You need to put one item at one time. Make sure the items belong to SUSTech library. Press “Exit” after the message of “Books returned successfully” is displayed on the screen.
- How can I download the accompanied CD of a book?
Go to the library homepage, find the search box “Books and Journals” of Library Catalogue System, and search the book by title, click on “Detail Information”, then click on “Download Accompanied CD ”.
- How do I renew a book? And what are the renewing rules?
You can renew in several ways:
(1) On the Self-Check machine -- click “Enquire” --“Renew”;
(2) Go to library website - log in to“My Library ”-- “My loans”-- “Renew”;
(3) Follow WeChat public account of our library (by scanning 2-D code located in the lower part of WeChat homepage), click on “My” below the WeChat page -- bind the U-Card number, view the current loans and due dates -- click“Renew ”;
(4) Go to the Service Desk of Yidan Library or Lynn Library.
Note: A patron can renew a borrowed item before it is due, and by doing so you can keep the item for an additional loan period. However, if the loan period reaches its maximum, or if the borrowed item is on call, you cannot have the item renewed.
- Why do I fail to renew a book?
The reason may be one of the following :
(1) You have overdue items;
(2) You have not paid for more than 10 yuan overdue fines;
(3) The item is reserved by other patron;
(4) Your U-Card expired.
- How do I view my current loans and due dates?
(1) Click on "Enquire" on Self-Check machine using your U-Card;
(2) On the library website, log in to My library -- “My loans” -- “View”;
(3) Follow WeChat public account of our library, click on “My” in the lower part of the WeChat page -- bind the U-Card number, view the current loans and due dates.
- How do I log in to "My library" with card number and initial password?
The card number is the same as your U-Card number, and the initial password defaults to the 8-digit number of your birth date, i.e., yyyyddmm (the initial password for new students is the national ID number).