Patrons' Card Management

What ID is required to enter the library?

University ID Card (U-Card) or temporary patron’s card.

How will U-Card for new students and new faculty be authenticated for library loans?

U-Card for new students is automatically authenticated for library loans when the new semester begins. New faculty and staff must bring U-Card to the Service Desk of Yidan Library or Lynn Library for authentication.

How will visiting scholars and visiting students apply for library card?

A temporary Library Card can be issued at the Service Desk of Yidan Library of Lynn Library when visiting scholars or visiting students present a request letter stating duration of their visiting period (A letter template can be downloaded from Download in the lower part of library homepage) from the concerned department, as well as a valid personal ID and a photocopy of ID. Please pay attention to Service Hours.

Can a person not affiliated to the university apply for a library card?

For those who are not entitled to a university ID card but need to access the library, they can apply for a temporary patron’s card if they present request letter from the concerned department. Please pay attention to the Service Hours when applying at the Service Desk of Yidan Library or Lynn Library.