- Database Introduction
Gale and the Smithsonian have partnered to give librarians, students, faculty, and researchers a look behind the glass of the Smithsonian exhibits and collections. Smithsonian Collections Online delivers primary source content that’s essential for today’s researcher. The digitized materials within Smithsonian Collections Online span multidisciplinary topics for both research and education.
- Evolution of Flight, 1784-1991：This collection sketches the "story behind the story" of man's desire to fly, including early flight, inventions, air races, the fighter pilot, the evolution of aerial weaponry, Germany's WWII jet program, the Cold War aviation race, and other flight-related developments and events critical to the history of science and technology and the military.
- Trade Literature and the Merchandizing of Industry ：This collection, covering 1820 to 1926, allows researchers to determine the history of companies and industries, discern trends in sectors from furniture to machinery, analyze marketing and management techniques, and examine illustrations of the items used at home and in business.
- World’s Fairs and Expositions: Visions of Tomorrow : With coverage beginning in 1834 and including the pivotal Crystal Palace Exhibition of 1851 in London, this collection allows users to explore key cultural and technological progress that shaped contemporary outlooks on life and reflected national identities.
- Air & Space and Smithsonian Magazine Archive : This collection brings together Air & Space Magazine and Smithsonian Magazine for the first time in a combined and fully-searchable digital archive. Together, the complete history of both of these premier magazines represent decades of in-depth and expert coverage of high-demand topics and unique insights into aviation, space, innovation, science, technology, the arts, and culture, all of which is accessible in an integrated, intuitive display.
- Included Years
- Responsible Librarian
- Lei Tian (+86-755-88010878,email@example.com)
- 1. Any downloading of library-subscribed electronic resources by software or tool is prohibited.
2. Any systematically over-downloading of full-text documents from library-subscribed databases is prohibited.
3. Use of proxy server or providing VPN account to unauthorized users is prohibited.
4. Without the prior permission of the library, redistributing library-subscribed resources in bulk to unauthorized users or via proxy server is prohibited.
5. Violators of the above rules will be punished based on results of thorough investigation.