- Database Introduction
The Late Qing Dynasty Periodical Full-text Database (1833～1911)
It covers over 500,000 pieces of historical documents from 500 periodicals published during 1833~1911. The extensive collection has covered almost all the periodicals published during such critical periods later known as the Opium Wars, Westernization Movement, Reform Movement of 1898 and Revolution of 1911. It contains the Women's Periodicals that advocated women's liberation and mental enlightenment, the Four Major Late Qing Dynasty Novel Journals as emerged during the great flourishing period of novels of the late Qing Dynasty, the Vernacular Chinese Periodicals founded to explore the people's mind and spread new knowledge, and the Science and Technology Periodicals which introduced new technologies and spread scientific knowledge.
Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911～1949)
It covers around 10,000,000 pieces of literature in about 20,000 different kinds of periodicals published between 1911 and 1949. As an important part of the historical archive, this database has significant academic and historical values. It not only helps reproduce the unique historical features of the period from 1911 to 1949 and restore the historical memory, but also enriches the digital resources of periodicals so as to facilitate users to conduct academic research on the history of this period.
- Included Years
- Responsible Librarian
- Lei Tian (+86-755-88010878,email@example.com)
- 1. Any downloading of library-subscribed electronic resources by software or tool is prohibited.
2. Any systematically over-downloading of full-text documents from library-subscribed databases is prohibited.
3. Use of proxy server or providing VPN account to unauthorized users is prohibited.
4. Without the prior permission of the library, redistributing library-subscribed resources in bulk to unauthorized users or via proxy server is prohibited.
5. Violators of the above rules will be punished based on results of thorough investigation.